Saturday, March 15, 2008

=) the greatest guy.

enough about me, what about me!

with the greatest guy that ever lived. at least in his own mind.

They say love is blind.I say love is blurred, espcially after too many shots(too many for me is like 2 shots of extremely strong tequila!) Now more than ever, I think tequila bottles should come with warning labels that say " Excessive drinking may lead to unwanted short-term relationships with characters that make Hitler seem like pleasant company." So it came to pass, that after knocking down more than the acceptable quantity of alcohol before needing a liver transplant,(with my sister and her friend's company) I somehow "hooked" up with the Greatest Guy that ever walked the Earth, atleast in his own mind.

It all seemed to go well at the start,. Here was a handsome specimen, driven and successful in whatever path he has, cool intelligent and funny, a guy who could do mre than one-one-two dance step on the club floor. I thanked my Lucky Strikes for what appeared as the promise of an awesome relationship. Then I started to notice a few things about him, things which i first tried to shake off as paranoia, unitl I could no longer ignore the glaring truth. Man! This guy have an ego so big it had its own zip codE!!

It wasnt just the fact that each time we passed by any reflective surface that could be used as mirror, he'd turn and check himself out. It was our conversations that were classic, for they we're all about HIM! Like, I'd start off by telling him about Mandy Moore's live track I've downloaded from Limewire, and he then would mouth off all the concerts he'd been to -all over the world mind you- Or i'd reminisce about this awwwesome New Year's beach party and he would proceed to tell me thereafter about too-cool exclusive party on a yacht with free-flowing champagne where he ended up playing God as he DJ'd the night away. After noticing a pattern, I tried testing him by throwing him utterly random morsels, like not liking sayote and that somehow reminded him about five goals he scored in football, and his budding modeling career. In short , I was Iraq and he was the full measure of the mighty US-Armed Forces.

Dont get me worng. i'm all for human empowerment, and I do believe that confidence is the sexiest thing a guy can wear, But the overinflated male ego- now that's one thing that would make me consider attending a sleepover with lipstick lesbians(no offense!) over a one-on-one date with a guy whose main preoccupation is worshipping himself. I wonder if all this yabang is actually a subconscious way of the modern man to maintain his gender superiority in a free-thinking,Oprah-worshipping world. True, competitiveness is inevitable in a relationship wherien the girl isnt your typical Maria Clara, but when th competitiveness goes beyond helathy and ventures into the territory of clashing egos, well there's a bound to be one that ends up bruised.(and i'm not just referring to egos.)

In the universe of my mind, I thought of ways on how to get back at the Boy Yabang without lording over my own achievements (for they seemed really mundane compared to his monumental successes). Should I develop Tourette's Syndrome? Perhaps if those characters in Layer Cake, he'd actually snap out of his self-worship. Or better yet, develop a Pinoy Tourette's syndrome, becasuse as we all can attest to, Pinoy curse words are just o much more effective in offending. So even if im expressing awe at his latest stellar achievemet, I'd still manage to shock him.. secret how i manage to offend him.=)

As it happened, we stopped seing each other for reasons that one need no wild imagination to gues why. I ended it right then.. *whatever we had! ehe. friendship or beyond that* not just because of his ego! but well, a whole lot more!! complexities and stuf. I had heard that he was seeing someone else,in fact. I wouldnt be surprised if that someone stared at him admiringly to no end, from behind a two-way mirror.
=)

..err.. if u happen to read this..sorry! nyahaha.

its over! too much ego! too much complexities. let's just be friends.. and believe me! im not dumping years here.. it's more of self-preservation and prioritizing friendship. =)
oh! it's been a while boy! it's time to flashback moments like this! =)

0 comments: