Tuesday, January 6, 2009

downpour

Maybe the reason why no one likes goodbyes is because they will always be sad.

Mine were, too. Because I'm always the one who's left behind. Because they pass by without a trace, leaving me clueless.

Because it rains when they happen.

Last night, I wept like I haven't shed a single tear before. The heavens joined me in my sorrow. Up until now, they continue to cry in buckets. But I no longer could.

I once believed in never bidding farewell. Ever. Yet, we have to. We just have to.

And since I did, I engraved every detail in memory. The morning route. The familiar but nameless faces. The silence. The warmth of a hand. The comfort of a shoulder. The aimless twist of a thumb. The songs in my iPod. The descent from the mountain to the city. The piercing stare. The sad smiles. The spoken truth. The open palms. The peace from within.

The freed butterfly.

The downpour.

I'll remember.

1 comments:

isabel said...

i can relate...huhu, senti mode. Au au te flo...