Sunday, June 7, 2009

..because im grateful.


"Life is a continuous struggle but it doesn't matter whether we win or lose because real victory lies in not giving up. Although we fight the battle alone, there are those on the sidelines who give us the boost we need to keep going. So to the instruments of my triumphs, I'm forever grateful."
~te ivy, my sister's best friend.


There are moments when you want for some things to end. Times when it's too painful to continue holding on. Times when you find your precious sanity on a precarious balance and all you're left of is an offer to disappear and leave without a trace.

But there are people in your life who willingly brave the waves and punches with you. Who cup your hands in theirs, clasp them tight and murmur that they refuse to allow the coward that is you to give up and let go. Who buoy you back to your faith, your happiness, your dreams, your heart -- and to yourself.

There are people in my life who, in the past years, have unselfishly tucked my shirt and combed my hair for me. A process I would have gotten tired of myself, if I were in their shoes. But this faithful number, they remained and reminded me of what I (still) am worth (of). I wish to acknowledge them but words (of description and gratitude) evade me at this moment. What I do have, though, is the conviction that I can put up with anything the world would hurl at me as long as I have them around.

To my parents, to my best friend philip, to my sister and to myself. thank you. =p

2 comments:

flipt said...

aaaww... *hugs u tyt* (mushy much? haha) ..happy-happyhan naman sina shirley at alfredo sa larawang iyan...

daun salamat kay guwapo kaau ko sa pic na imo gigamit! hahaha... XD

that's the beauty of having people around u (friends and, in ur case, family), they help u get u back on ur feet and make papha the abog that stick to ur skin when u skin ur knees...

we'll get through whatever it is we're currently facing together... ;)

muwah

isabel said...

welcome back te flo! ;-)