Sunday, July 13, 2008

=| heart-stopping moment!

You know in the movies when the heroine is confronted by something truly horrifying? Like those slasher flicks where she throws open the closet door - because she was curious about the heavy breathing coming from her cashmere, presumably - and you have that heart-stopping second of pure adrenaline fear as you wait for the knife? And then you see it and your body gets dumped with chemicals as your brain tells you to jump and shriek?

I've had one of those yesterday! It was a a rainy afternoon, and the water pump was underneath a silver trash can lid. My tito lifted the lid.

There, curled around the pump, was the single biggest Bull snake that I had ever seen in my life. It raised its head at me.

And I screamed in tones that my throat had never before utilized.

It was one of those heart-stopping moments, where my body was flooded with adrenaline and I lost control of myself. I wasn't the only one. My tito was so shocked by the snake and my response that she wet herself.

Like I said - heart - stopping moment.

0 comments: